Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic join

Slafaurie
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community! 

Through a join between a company's best seller list and a database of the items sold by each individual store I am trying to obtain which top selling items are not sold in each store.

I can do this for only one store by filtering the second base by the # of store, joining them in a join, and the ones that come out on the left are the ones the store does not have.

But when I cross the whole list I lose visibility of each store, is there a dynamic join or something similar? 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Slafaurie 

You can achieve this by building a batch macro.

I've created two dummy datasets

TOP Sellers 

MichalM_0-1608423833766.png

and Items Sold

items-sold.png

The idea is to run the same process - Join the two streams on Product ID and identify the "outliers" (TOP Sellers not sold by a given company) - for each company one at the time. A batch macro will allow us to do that.

We're going to feed a list of Companies through the Control Parameter, update the filter, join the data, and append the Company name to the list of TOP Sellers not sold by it. 

macro.png

results.png

This is how the process looks like - see the attached example.

whole-process.png

If you'd like to learn more about batch macros, the below is a great resource to get you started.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started-with-Batch-Macros/t...

Slafaurie
5 - Atom

Hello Michal, Thanks a lot!!

Raquelmartingu
5 - Atom

can you upload the macro as well?

Labels