Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic input tool - file not found from a list of folders

ChrisDL
6 - Meteoroid

I have a very simple workflow which takes a list of folders on a server and extracts two pieces of information from two files (in different subfolders) using a dynamic input tool. If either file does not exist in the folder then the dynamic input tool fails but what I need is for the dynamic input tool to move to the next folder on the list and record that the file is missing.

I know that I could get around this with a directory tool to search only for folders that contain the files but there are a lot of folders to scan so the directory tool is extremely slow and also the fact that the files are missing is relevant (depending on which file is missing the folder can be either archived or deleted)

Capture.JPG

The dynamic inputs are in basic configuration

ChrisDL_0-1643014428256.png

One file is xml and the other is delimited text

I've done some reading around before posting and it looks like a batch macro might handle the skip but I'm not sure about the recording that the file is missing?

Any help greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ChrisDL ,

Can you share your workflow so we can have a look at what you're trying to achieve?

M.

Bulien

ChrisDL
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for taking a look - workflow attached. Forgive the roughness - it is very much a work in progress to fix an urgent issue 

Labels