Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic input doesn't read entire numeric data.

Godspeed24
5 - Atom

Hi all,

While using dynamic input to select a specific .csv file, I'm able to select the file I want, the only problem is there are columns which contain numeric data on which I need to perform calculation so I convert the data type from Vstring to Double, after that the workflow is executed without any errors but the columns with numeric data only take into consideration 3 or 4 digits of the numbers, for example if the initial value was 15000, it only takes into consideration 15.

5 REPLIES 5
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Can you put some mock data and the workflow? It appears to be a problem with your conversion and not with the dynamic input

Godspeed24
5 - Atom

I'm sorry I can't post as it's sensitive data, although I tried converting the data type to double still doesn't help,  it works fine without using dynamic input.

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Ok, so when you import with the dynamic input, without converting to double or numeric field just string, it works ?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

O.k. - I don't usually use dynamic input to import  .csvs but what's up with your localization settings (ie your thousand separator) and do they match the files - ie is it 15,000 and you're set up to read in .'s for thousand separators? Also - if it's 15,000 in your original file and commas are your delimiter you'll have to find a way to clarify that delimeters in quotes or whatever shouldn't be parsed.

Godspeed24
5 - Atom

I replaced the comma in the fields with blanks, it works now, Thanks for the solution 🙂

Labels