Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic input doesn't read entire numeric data.

Godspeed24
5 - Atom

Hi all,

While using dynamic input to select a specific .csv file, I'm able to select the file I want, the only problem is there are columns which contain numeric data on which I need to perform calculation so I convert the data type from Vstring to Double, after that the workflow is executed without any errors but the columns with numeric data only take into consideration 3 or 4 digits of the numbers, for example if the initial value was 15000, it only takes into consideration 15.

5 REPLIES 5
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Can you put some mock data and the workflow? It appears to be a problem with your conversion and not with the dynamic input

Godspeed24
5 - Atom

I'm sorry I can't post as it's sensitive data, although I tried converting the data type to double still doesn't help,  it works fine without using dynamic input.

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Ok, so when you import with the dynamic input, without converting to double or numeric field just string, it works ?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

O.k. - I don't usually use dynamic input to import  .csvs but what's up with your localization settings (ie your thousand separator) and do they match the files - ie is it 15,000 and you're set up to read in .'s for thousand separators? Also - if it's 15,000 in your original file and commas are your delimiter you'll have to find a way to clarify that delimeters in quotes or whatever shouldn't be parsed.

Godspeed24
5 - Atom

I replaced the comma in the fields with blanks, it works now, Thanks for the solution 🙂

Labels