Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic filter to keep rolling N months

jjc42
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a dataset with 18 months of data.  Each month a new month is appended to the existing dataset.  I'd like to create a filter that keeps only the most recent 14 months (rolling 14 months).  I've attached a simple workflow. 

The Date Filter tool would work if I could dynamically specify the "end date" as the most recent date in the Month column.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
jack_morgan
9 - Comet

Hey jjc42,

I modified your workflow to account for a dynamic 14 months. Give it a shot!

Jack

jjc42
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Jack.  That did it!

MGA
7 - Meteor

thanks very much for posting. worked perfectly for me.

mhayashi
7 - Meteor

Thanks Jack! I found this usefull as wel.

MPCNA
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Jack, I think your workflow will solve my exact problem as well. Only change would be in my case, I don't want a rolling 14 months. I want it to append every new month starting with 201803. Reason being, I began running this workflow back in March and want to make it more dynamic than adding on a new filter each month.

vikas1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Jack.  Can you please share your workflow with me.

I need to append current month data with non matching records of previous 12 months and append . With Batch macro, I cannot do this since my month date is dynamic and cannot create 12 parameters for date.  I think my process would require iterative macro but I am not sure how to do it.  Can you please share the logic to do this.

Thanks

Vikas

Labels