Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic email workflow sending email to wrong recepient

mtuwanax
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a workflow, that reads in an input file. and creates dynamic files based on two fields: Field1 and Field2, see attached workflow. Unfortunately, my workflow is not sending the correct email to the users, especially if the email address is missing, it randomly sends an email to any email address in the database. Has anyone encountered this issue? Or can someone be able to solve the issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @mtuwanax 

I'm uncertain, however, I suggest that your input field names not be in Row1 as your summarize will group the 'Category' field without and address.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @mtuwanax 

The files that you create don't reference field 1 at all.  The formula that you have is 

[Engine.WorkflowDirectory] + [Field2] + '.xlsx|||Sheet1'

With this setup, you get the same file created multiple times for each recipient with the files just overwriting each other. 

Can you give us a sample of what output should be sent to each recipient?

Dan

mtuwanax
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang 

Thank you for your reply, and the correction in the workbook flow.

Please find attached the expected output for the first 5 rows of data.

mtuwanax
7 - Meteor

@danilang  & @HomesickSurfer 

Thank you for your replies, these solved my issue. 

Labels