Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic date time inputs to the control parameters in Batch macro with Salesforce API

DevAlteryx
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am new to use Alteryx , We have a workflow(created by previous developer) which is having a deprecated Salesforce Input tool(based on SOAP API).

I have replaced it with new input tool version v4.2.4(REST API) but it has started throwing errors where we have a custom Batch macro built by taking the Dynamic date time inputs to the control parameters and processing the data from Salesforce.com.

The date format which is going as startdate and enddate to the macro are in this format :

salesforce_api_start      salesforce_api_end
2022-06-11T14:00:00Z  2022-06-12T14:00:00Z

Inside the batch macro , Update value has 'Replace a specific string' as %STARTDATE% and %ENDDATE% and Salesforce has a WHERE clause (SOQL) as CreatedDate >= %STARTDATE% AND CreatedDate < %ENDDATE% but it is not working after replacing with new version of Salesforce Input tool.

But, When we add the hardcoded dates directly in the 'Replace a specific string'  for start date 2022-06-11T14:00:00Z  and EndDate 2022-06-14T14:00:00Z and Salesforce has a WHERE clause (SOQL) as CreatedDate >= 2022-06-11T14:00:00Z and CreatedDate < 2022-06-14T14:00:00Z, it is working but data is always returning between these dates though data is available on other dates.

Can someone please help me if there is any way to resolve this.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @DevAlteryx 

i appreciate the fact that you will not be able to share the workflows since it's linked to to the database and all.

But it's difficult to envision the issue and solve the problem without understanding the settings.

Will you be able to share screenshots of:

• The settings of the 2 action tools
  • The inputs (e.g. maybe 5 rows each) to the Start Date and End Date Control Parameters

Dawn.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @DevAlteryx,

As mentioned by @DawnDuong if you can share the settings of the action tools and the error as well.

It will help to investigate with you,

Regards

DevAlteryx
5 - Atom

Hi @DawnDuong and @messi007

First time posting so please excuse me for not giving enough detail.

Please find the attached screen shots and let me know in case of any other details are required to check the issue.

Appreciate your response earlier.

StartDate.JPG

Labels