Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic columns header find a string from a set of files and get rows after the found text

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I have a set of files with different structure. I am using a batch macro to pull data from each file.

Each file has different set of column headers.

My goal is to I need to find a string searching all the columns in each file and find the column that has the string and rename the column to "Column found". Using that column I would like to extract the rows from the whole data set after the string is found. 

My approach: Using Transpose and Filter I found the column name which has the string then used append to have the column name in all rows through out the data set. 

My next step is to rename this column name dynamically as the string can be found in any column in a different file.

Manjari_T_0-1653302546416.png

Requesting help

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Manjari,

Can you give an example of an input and desired output. Your approach with Transpose definitely sounds like the way to go from what I understood. 

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt , 

I could not upload a file as I am in a secured network. Apologies. I have attached images. 

Input files: 

Manjari_T_0-1653304345540.png

Manjari_T_2-1653304519512.png

The Output: 

Manjari_T_3-1653304583497.png

Output 2: 

Manjari_T_4-1653304632320.png

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Manjari!

Will something like this work?

Capture.JPG

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Deb

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ddiesel  it worked like a charm. :)

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@Manjari 

Great! Glad it helped!

Thanks,
Deb

Labels