Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic column value compare question 2

Taki
8 - Asteroid

Hi:

I am totally new to Alteryx and I had an issue where I need to compare a prior month file to the current month file. The columns consist of months and will vary. For example: Prior month may consist of Jan, Feb, and March and the current month will consist of Jan, Feb, March and April. I need to coming the month where it exist in both sheets. Someone was kind enough to provide a solution (attached) but I needed the Match? as a column and not a row. The attached solution provide it in this format

Taki_0-1593170275439.png

But I need the output to be in the following format.

Curr_Jan   Prior_Jan  Match?    Curr_Feb   Prior_Feb    Match?

Cost         20              40             N               40               40              Y

Profit        50               50            Y                30              35              N

Thank you for your help in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

HEy @Taki 

I took a stab at this for you - there are probably hundreds of ways to complete this task.

Let me know what you think of this solution.

Please like and accept if it helps.

Thanks, 

J

Taki
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jake:

How can I order the columns so that I can have Jan data first and then Feb and then March and so on?  Much Appreciate it.

Tak

Labels