Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Year in Summarize

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts,

Requirement - How to Automate my workflow touchless even once in a year too.

I have attached the sample workflow and sample data for reference, 

Yearly once the data has been changed from 2021 to 2022 rest of all the details are the same only next year and month and the amount will be changed in that summarizing tool I am getting error year Jan 2021 to Dec 2021 not found since the data is 2022.

3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @STAR1BANU 

I changed the dataset to be 2022 and ran the workflow with no errors. Can you let us know where the error is happening so we can try to replicate it? Since you are doing a Union, it should not matter the data changing, it would only matter if the column header had changed.

pedrodrfaria_0-1615308130266.png

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, Actually is not summarized tool is transpose tool  attached revised details for your reference, 

Please advise further

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @STAR1BANU ,

I think you could load the header row as as data row, remove the year from the header, re-union header and data and use a Dynamic Rename tool to make the modified first data row your header. Now you always have the same headers, there is no need for change. You can also extract the year from the header row (loaded as data) and add it to the row labels at the end.

2021-03-10_18-17-41.jpg

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Labels