Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select usage in Alteryx App

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

Dynamic Select appears to only be usable in a standard workflow.  I need the same capability to be able to select the columns of data I want to return dynamically inside my app.   If anyone can offer an alternate solution equivalent to Dynamic Select which I can use in an App I would appreciate any and all solutions.

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @dgarmor ,

Can you please provide an example of the dynamic select tool not working within an app as a reference that we can use?

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

I am trying to use the string from the flow to be used as the formula  for input to the dynamic select but can't seem to get it to connect.  I want to dynamically replace the formula in the dynamic select tool

dgarmor_0-1622829176943.png

String F would be the input for the formula replacement.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@dgarmor Apologies but I'm still struggling to understand the requirements. Maybe you can provide an example of an input, what you want to achieve and an output or share a workflow with mock data if you're concerned about confidentiality

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dgarmor 

You can use the Batch macro to rewrite the formula of Dynamic select tool.

Macro: This is very simple batch macro. This macro is for general purpose.

The Action tool overwrite the formula of Dynamic select by incoming data from control parameter tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1622868896974.png

This is the sample workflow to use the macro.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1622869103235.png

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

Thanks  I will give this a try.  I appreciate all the input from the community.

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

This Works.  Thank you so very much.  Took me a couple of tries to solve some issues in my workflow.

Labels