Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select usage in Alteryx App

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

Dynamic Select appears to only be usable in a standard workflow.  I need the same capability to be able to select the columns of data I want to return dynamically inside my app.   If anyone can offer an alternate solution equivalent to Dynamic Select which I can use in an App I would appreciate any and all solutions.

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @dgarmor ,

Can you please provide an example of the dynamic select tool not working within an app as a reference that we can use?

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

I am trying to use the string from the flow to be used as the formula  for input to the dynamic select but can't seem to get it to connect.  I want to dynamically replace the formula in the dynamic select tool

dgarmor_0-1622829176943.png

String F would be the input for the formula replacement.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@dgarmor Apologies but I'm still struggling to understand the requirements. Maybe you can provide an example of an input, what you want to achieve and an output or share a workflow with mock data if you're concerned about confidentiality

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dgarmor 

You can use the Batch macro to rewrite the formula of Dynamic select tool.

Macro: This is very simple batch macro. This macro is for general purpose.

The Action tool overwrite the formula of Dynamic select by incoming data from control parameter tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1622868896974.png

This is the sample workflow to use the macro.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1622869103235.png

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

Thanks  I will give this a try.  I appreciate all the input from the community.

dgarmor
7 - Meteor

This Works.  Thank you so very much.  Took me a couple of tries to solve some issues in my workflow.

Labels