Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select Tool from Input File

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Building an analytic app and needed a little help:

Capture.JPG

There is the workflow currently (also attached). It let's the user select a company from the list and then select the fields they want in the report.

I want to feed this an input into the list box (some customers want different fields) and based on that input file, select the fields.
Just a little more dynamic and a little less interaction
My idea is the input file would look like this but open to any ideas also:

Field 1      Field 2      Field 3   Field 4
Company A       0                1                  1          1
Company B        1                 0                 1           1

So my desired output, would be losing the 2nd select I have in the interface, just selecting a company and having the output.
So Company A would be Field 2, 3, and 4 while Company B would output Field 1, 3, and 4.

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JordyMicheal ,

Please see attached files. The approach I took in this case was to leverage chained apps. This will allow the user to select the initial company names and then after they are selected, the appropriate columns (capital, total, cars, trucks) will then populate with only those values >0

In order to chain, be sure to open up the interface designer.

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

Thanks,

Mike

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Please note that you should only have Name2 and Unknown selected in App2 in the Select Tool.

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JordyMicheal 

If you wanted to bypass step number 2 and just have the user select Company Name and automate App2 into separate Excel sheets, see below. 

Thanks,

Mike

Labels