Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select Record to Set as a Header Column

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Anyone can help me to set the data record below based on the data in cell to make it as a Header.

arjundelara_0-1608522326138.png

For example in the image above I want to set the header if data records is equal to "Debit Sample" so however the Debit Sample data place my header will always set to it.

TIA,

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @arjundelara 

One of the way would be to set the line from which it should start reading this can configured in input tool.

atcodedog05_0-1608534549653.png

Hope this helps 🙂

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

It is Static. What if the future file for the next month is set upper or lower records, how can I get the set the dynamic records based on the data in cell.

Thank you!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @arjundelara 

Would you be able to share the above sample excel as a file attached in a post. 

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Attached file is my sample input. the enhancement is what if the column contains "Debit" is place in lower or upper row.

Thank you!

Highly Appreciated.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @arjundelara 

Would this meet your requirement. It dynamically takes the row name after filtering nulls.

atcodedog05_0-1608540656475.png

Hope this helps 🙂

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I have an update to this file. Now the problem is to get the data between of the contains column for example I want to gather the data from [Field] contains "Debit" to [Field] contains Credit and the output is all of data between that will captured.

Thank you!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @arjundelara 

I hope this works. This blocks and captures the data only in between

atcodedog05_0-1608544993356.png

Hope this helps 🙂

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Great Workflow simple but perfect.

Thank you so much! Have a nice day, Hope I'll help you too soon!

Cheers,

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @arjundelara 

If not me I would definitely encourage you help others in your free time. 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

Labels