Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select - BUG

aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

I'm using an application to select "input" variables and select a single "output" variable. I'm using Dynamic Select twice: once to update the input variables and once to update the response variable. The input variables allow more than one selection (check box multi-select) while exactly one response variable is selected (drop down).

When I run the workflow (play button), everything works. However, when I run it as an application (wand), the Input Variables will not update, even if just one is selected. I've re-built it several times and it looks exactly like the response variable version, but it just will not update. I think this might be a bug with Alteryx, but can someone take a look at the application attached and offer feedback? Attached is the application a fake input data set.

1 REPLY 1
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @aHogancamp

I would suggest using a Select tool instead of Dynamic Input tool. With Select tool, you could now use "Update Select with multi-select ListBox":

Capture1.PNG

If you use a Dynamic Input tool and a List Box tool, what you end up with is this formula: FINDSTRING([Name], "Binary2=False,Ordinal1=True,Binary1=False")>-1 

See "Debug Workflow2"

Labels