Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select - BUG

aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

I'm using an application to select "input" variables and select a single "output" variable. I'm using Dynamic Select twice: once to update the input variables and once to update the response variable. The input variables allow more than one selection (check box multi-select) while exactly one response variable is selected (drop down).

When I run the workflow (play button), everything works. However, when I run it as an application (wand), the Input Variables will not update, even if just one is selected. I've re-built it several times and it looks exactly like the response variable version, but it just will not update. I think this might be a bug with Alteryx, but can someone take a look at the application attached and offer feedback? Attached is the application a fake input data set.

1 REPLY 1
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @aHogancamp

I would suggest using a Select tool instead of Dynamic Input tool. With Select tool, you could now use "Update Select with multi-select ListBox":

Capture1.PNG

If you use a Dynamic Input tool and a List Box tool, what you end up with is this formula: FINDSTRING([Name], "Binary2=False,Ordinal1=True,Binary1=False")>-1 

See "Debug Workflow2"

Labels