Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Replace with Dates

Scouter60_RUS
7 - Meteor

I am trying to update Dates based on Dates.  I have the general structure of what I want to do built but am having issues with my expression.

The date field is what I want to update in the Data stream.  The other columns are for reference only.  Original to show the date as it was before replacement and the Expected filed to show what I expect the Date field to become.

I believe my error is in my expression in the Replace stream.

I hope that the dynamic replace tool works with dates!!

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Scouter60_RUS 

Removing the datetime format piece of the formula should do the trick, though you might need to update your logic for the last two records. 

Scouter60_RUS
7 - Meteor

I see I did not update my date fields in my test  I changed the original field and forgot to change the date.  ITs coming together now, I'll post my final I get it all put together.

Thanks for helping me out on this!!!

Scouter60_RUS
7 - Meteor

@Luke_C 

Thanks for your help!  This is what I am going with for now.  I wish I could have done away with the bandage portions of the workflow but it works.  Hopefully I can clean it up more later.

Mike

Labels