Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Rename xlsx file and combine output into sheets in CSV

k3pineapple
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have some obstacles to dynamic rename the .xlsx files , I tried on my flow in .CSV it works. I would like to dynamically rename xlsx file, because it can combine my output into different sheets, but CSV cannot.

Additionally, I do not want to dynamically rename the sheet tap, but only the file name, but my flow seems will change that as well, needs to be fixed. 

My flow has attached below.

Thank you for your time. :)

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

For Excel files, you need to create the full path within the formula, then use this field on the output data to replace the entire path.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @k3pineapple , you can also try this,

In formula tool

grazitti_sapna_0-1652420232766.png

Configuration for output tool

grazitti_sapna_1-1652420255127.png

Output

grazitti_sapna_2-1652420281444.png

Attaching the workflow along.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
k3pineapple
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the awesome idea, but I do not want to change the sheet name, but only the file name

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@k3pineapple in that case you will have to specify the full path in the formula tool as mentioned by @gabrielvilella . You can use my post for future references in case you need to work with sheets. Glad that we could help!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
k3pineapple
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna Thank you for your idea. 

Labels