Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Rename tool multiple conditions Uppercase/Replace & rename based on field position

Shaiy10
7 - Meteor

Hi

I need to apply multiple conditions to the rename tool

something like below

Replace(UpperCase([_CurrentField_])," ","_")
or
Replace(([_Field_No_6_]),"*","TARGET")

the first condition works fine i.e. change case to uppercase and replace spaces with an underscore

however

additionally i need to add a condition to same syntax to replace the 6th field name with specific word "TARGET"

as the 6th field name always keeps changing every month with the respective MONTH

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Interesting challenge, it's possible but I would use a different technique to do it, which would be to create a lookup table using the field info and formula tools and then using the 'take headers from right input rows' option...

Example attached...

2019-03-11_15-50-19.png

Shaiy10
7 - Meteor

Hi @

your workflow does attend to the problem

i was trying to do this in the dynamic rename itself with a single formula as below without using the right input

IF ([_FieldNumber_] = 6) THEN Replace(UpperCase([_CurrentField_]),"*","TARGET")
ELSE
Replace(UpperCase([_CurrentField_])," ","_")
ENDIF

the above formula does not recognise the Fieldnumber variable

your solution does work but had to make a small tweak in your formula to get the result

IF [RecordID] = 6 THEN

REPLACE([NewName],"*","TARGET") else [NewName] endif

had to change it to the below

IF [RecordID] = 6 THEN

"TARGET" else [NewName] endif

thanks for the solution

jsuptic
7 - Meteor

Thank you! I did not realize If/Then logic was allowed in the Dynamic Rename formula. I am going to have to start tinkering way more with all the different tools.

Labels