Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Rename of one column Name

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in which in the Output File I want Global Identity column name to have the ID by which the sheet is getting generated.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
jgv27
7 - Meteor

Hi @ferha_jafri 

You can select the ID field with the Basic Table tool to include the ID as another field in the output. 

jgv27_0-1623750908686.png

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

No that is not the requirement, Global Identity should get replace with ID.

jgv27
7 - Meteor

I've had another look at what I think you require. I added a small batch macro to create reports for each ID and to change the field name of each report. Please see if this fits more to what you need.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ferha_jafri 

Your original workflow is very close to the output your looking for (Dynamic output.xlsx in your original post).  Just uncheck the Group Data Into Separate Reports

danilang_1-1623755084407.png

Dan

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Sorry but this is not that is required, I want to generate sheets corresponding to each ID.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

I am new to Alteryx so not sure how to incorporate Macro in my workflow.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@ferha_jafri - you could accomplish this by replacing the string "Global Identity" with the ID# in the table XML.

If you look at the table field using a Browse tool, you can see that the field contains the code used to construct the table:

kelly_gilbert_2-1623980805637.png

We can use a formula tool to look for the words "Global Identity" in that text and replace it with the ID # for each row.

kelly_gilbert_4-1623980993308.png

Note that once we replace the table text, we need to convert the table back into a report object with a Text tool, and then change the Layout tool to use the new Text field.

And then the output will have the ID# as the column header:

kelly_gilbert_0-1623980634504.png

Labels