Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Rename of one column Name

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in which in the Output File I want Global Identity column name to have the ID by which the sheet is getting generated.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
jgv27
7 - Meteor

Hi @ferha_jafri 

You can select the ID field with the Basic Table tool to include the ID as another field in the output. 

jgv27_0-1623750908686.png

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

No that is not the requirement, Global Identity should get replace with ID.

jgv27
7 - Meteor

I've had another look at what I think you require. I added a small batch macro to create reports for each ID and to change the field name of each report. Please see if this fits more to what you need.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ferha_jafri 

Your original workflow is very close to the output your looking for (Dynamic output.xlsx in your original post).  Just uncheck the Group Data Into Separate Reports

danilang_1-1623755084407.png

Dan

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Sorry but this is not that is required, I want to generate sheets corresponding to each ID.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

I am new to Alteryx so not sure how to incorporate Macro in my workflow.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@ferha_jafri - you could accomplish this by replacing the string "Global Identity" with the ID# in the table XML.

If you look at the table field using a Browse tool, you can see that the field contains the code used to construct the table:

kelly_gilbert_2-1623980805637.png

We can use a formula tool to look for the words "Global Identity" in that text and replace it with the ID # for each row.

kelly_gilbert_4-1623980993308.png

Note that once we replace the table text, we need to convert the table back into a report object with a Text tool, and then change the Layout tool to use the new Text field.

And then the output will have the ID# as the column header:

kelly_gilbert_0-1623980634504.png

Labels