Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Rename metadata immediately lost

AMoskovitz
5 - Atom

Hi,

My organization just upgraded to version 2022.1. Since that change, the behavior of Dynamic Rename within a workflow has changed for me. If I run a workflow and select the tool following the Dynamic Rename, the renamed field names appear correctly. As soon as I select another tool, however, the new field names disappear from the workflow and the old field names appear again. Previously, the new field names would remain stored in the metadata while I worked on the workflow until it was run again. I can see in the preview window that the rename is working correctly, but the downstream tools just seem to forget them entirely. This makes it effectively impossible for me to create a workflow using this tool.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Or have any thoughts on what might be happening?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AMoskovitz ,

Can you provide your workflow (mock data is fine) so we can see the behaviour of the tool?

M.

Bulien

AMoskovitz
5 - Atom

Hi @mceleavey, thanks for the reply. I've had difficulty reproducing the issue with mock data - I created the attached workflow to show the essential parts of what I'm seeing. With this example workflow, though, I can only intermittently reproduce the issue. If I run the workflow I'll see the update field names flow through to the select and summary tools. If I then deselect them and click around the workflow a few times, the summary and select tools revert to the original field names even though it wasn't actually run again and no changes were made. Like I said, though, I can only get it to do this occasionally with this example.

My original workflow is much larger and is using a few fairly large data sources; it's difficult to fully replicate with mock data. I would think it could be a memory issue were it not for the fact that I didn't see the problem in prior versions of Alteryx.

Labels