Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Rename, Dynamic Select and Subsequent filter

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

I am using a Dynamic Rename tool to take the field names from the first row of data.  However, some of my fields don't have anything in the first row so are being renamed to Field_15, Field_15_2, etc.  I then added on a dynamic select tool to hide field names that contain the world "Field."  However, by next filter tool doesn't recognize the field names.  The output on the dynamic select tool shows I have a field called Description, but the filter tool directly after says I don't have a field called description.  Anyone seen something like this before?

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @bsolove,

This issue has more to do with a problem associated with the dynamic rename than with the dynamic select.

If you run the process you will see that the field will appear again. The metadata is not correclty updated.

Don't worry about it, although it says that, the workflow will work properly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

It's annoying because I need to see the data that comes out of that tool in order to build on.  Maybe I can get rid of the Dynamic Rename until later.  Do you know if there is a way to do a dynamic select to hide fields where the first record is empty?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bsolove ,

Take a look at the example. I was not able to reproduce your error. Do you have any macro in your workflow?

Would you be able to share an example showing the specific error happening?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

You are correct in that the workflow will run successfully in v2020.2. Yet, newer versions, v2021.3, the workflow does not run successfully due to the dynamic rename bug. Any suggestions for quick fixes? Otherwise, it seems that any workflow that uses the Dynamic Rename is now technical debt that requires immediate redevelopment

Labels