Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Output to Sharepoint

Stiofain
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to read from a local sharepoint file and output to a shartepoint file. The issue is I want to ensure this workflow works for both myself and my colleagues. i.e. both input and output have to dynamically changed based on username.

I have this working for input, using the dynamic input took and replacing my name with Forula too with 'C:\Users\' + GetEnvironmentVariable("USERNAME") + [path] where path is defined as the end of the sharepoint connection.

Where I run into problems is during the dynamic output. Is there a reason there is no dynamic output tool? Or am I missing something simple?

Let me know.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Stiofain 
Currently, there is no Dynamic Output tool for Alteryx, but there is an idea here which you can vote on!

Can you please upload a copy of your workflow, this will help to troubleshoot further.

As for your workflow, I have a few questions.
When you use the Dynamic Input, are you pulling the user run file path anywhere into your process?
Is the Input file location the same as the Output location?

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Stiofain
6 - Meteoroid

No the locations are different but this is fine and I have a working solution now. 

I link an action tool with a list of usernames to both an input & output tool and save the workflow as an app. All you do is choose your username from the dropdown and run the workflow & your username replaces the username in the file path.

Labels