Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Month Formula

gparks
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone- I am working on a dataset that has closed client deals with the amount and close date, I also have a separate dataset that has the financial metrics per client by month. I want to look at for every closed deal, the financial metrics for that month,prior month and next month. Is there a way to use a dynamic formula to take the close date from the sales data and then output the financial metrics of Current Month, Month -1 and Month + 1? I have already joined the two datasets.

The purpose of this is because I am interested in seeing when close date of the sale hits the financial metrics within a 3 month range.

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Yes - but if you can upload sample data it'll probably help explain how. Otherwise - I can say totally - sort by month and use a multi-row-formula to add [row-1:currentvalue] + [currentvalue]+[row+1:currentvalue] but it might not work with your data and there might be additional steps.

gparks
6 - Meteoroid

Hey I have attached a sample of my data

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Thanks!

Just the sale amount and 1 month before/1month forward from close date?

gparks
6 - Meteoroid

Yup and month of the close

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I didn't group by ID - but this will use month of close/create a sum for month and then look to find the rolling sum over 3 months.

Labels