Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Interface Questions for Analytical Applications

Jesse89
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I've seen a variety of methods to allow end users to interact dynamically with interface questions.  I have seen tree tools used to select from a hierarchical data structure (such as Country > State > County > City), I've seen radio buttons coupled with a simple detour tool.  I have also seen tool containers disable or enabled based on selections.

However, I have a series of questions I'd like the end user to select that depend on the question before.  Essentially, I have a logical tree chart that contains a series of Yes and No questions that are necessary to give the end user the correct answer for an automated legal answer.  I'd like to implement this within an analytical application in Alteryx.  I guess my question is what are the best methods to achieve this design of the analytical application and which tools may be best suited to accomplish this task?

Thank you in advance!

Jesse

1 REPLY 1
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora
I imagine it will be somewhat complex, but you can certainly enable/disable multiple containers such that a specific sequence of choices yields the specific container desired.

For a really dynamic and data driven workflow, you can utilize R's widget packages which can grab data from a user on the fly. More on this here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Gathering-User-Input-Row-by-Row-Using-R/ta-p...
Labels