Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input tool - unable to open archive for unzipping error message

KHarragan
5 - Atom

Hi

I've created a workflow using the Dynamic Input tool to open a specific file based on the current date. The file is held on a networked drive and I have no problem opening it using the Input Data tool. But using the Dynamic Input tool I get an error message 'unable to open archive for unzipping'. I've tried different file types (csv, xlsx, yxmd) but that doesn't help. I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious so could anyone please explain where I'm going wrong? I've attached a copy of the workflow.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @KHarragan, this is because your dynamic input is set to read in an .xlsx file but yet you are trying to read in a .csv dynamically.

This will not work because they require different input mechanisms. 

If you set your template to be a .csv file then it should work, but note your template files should have the same schema as the file you want to read in dynamically, if that's not the case then consider using the macro available in this post which works in a simialr way to the dynamic input...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If it is failing with a .xlsx file too I suggest there is a problem with the file path you have generated, remember it should not include the sheet name as this is specified in your template.

I think we need images of the filenames flowing in to offer more advice beyond this...

Ben

KHarragan
5 - Atom

Thanks for your help. I was completely misunderstanding how the tool was meant to be used and your reply provided the light bulb moment. Works fine now.

Labels