Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input - set the number of rows inputted

ddye
8 - Asteroid

I get an error on my workflow saying "has a different schema than the 1st file in the set".  I believe this is happening because on some of the excel files, more rows are filled out than in the original file.  Is there a way to set the Dynamic Input tool to look only at the first N number of rows or something like that?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
mborriero
11 - Bolide

Hi @ddye,

I think the problem is because your excel files have different columns (or Alteryx for some reason reads more or different columns)

you could try to use the macro:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Read_All_Excel_Files/58dd51b3a18e9e18fca64172

This Macro will allow you to read all excel files present in one directory.

Then, if you like to read just the first N rows for each file, you can use a Multi_Row formula (see image attached) and a filter to filter out the number of rows that you are not interested in.

If that does not work for you, could you please provide more information (such as your input files and a screenshot of your current workflow/error)?

ddye
8 - Asteroid

Hmm, I dont think there are different columns in the different files.  When I remove the lines at the bottom of the file with the issue to make the number of rows match the rest of the files, there is no issue.  Do you know of a way to only read in a set number of rows with the dynamic input?

JohnR
7 - Meteor

Try setting the Option called Record Limit

limit.png

ddye
8 - Asteroid

This did it, thanks so much.  i didn't realize the dynamic input had the same options as the normal input like you pointed out.  

Labels