Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input "Internal Error"

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

One of my users found this issue that I'm able to recreate, but not solve.  We are getting an "INTERNAL ERROR" message when trying to pull in a dynamic input. I am able to load the file when using a regular input tool, as shown below.  I've done many dynamic inputs like this and have never seen an "INTERNAL ERROR" before.   The warning also states that the are a different number of fields than the first file; however I am only trying to load one file.  The template in the dynamic input is the same file.  Any ideas what could be causing this and how I can solve it?

Attached is a parsed down and scrambled version of the file.

stvnhdmpa_0-1654190942867.png

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @stvnhdmpa 

This is very bizarre. Looks like it's related to the Sheet Name. If you change the sheet to, say, ABC then the problem goes away.

Alternatively, in the Formula Tool, create the FullPath as,

[FullPath] + '|||AIC$'

...i.e. with a dollar sign at the end.

Not sure why you need the dollar sign, but this should solve your issue.

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@PhilipMannering , thanks so much!  That worked like a charm.  Very strange, I've never had that issue before.  

sbatra116
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx doesn;t handle unusual spreadhseet names. 

Labels