Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input only reading first file

cosmalogist
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm having trouble with a seemingly simple workflow. I have a Directory pointing to a folder with 3 Excel files (Test1.xlsx, Test2.xlsx, Test3.xlsx), all which just have some sample text in cells A1 and B1. The FullPaths for the three records display within Results. These feed into a Dynamic Input with the following configuration. I am having trouble displaying the results of the three records, instead I only see the results of the first file, Test1.xlsx. Any help on how to get all three would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cosmalogist if sheet name is not Sheet1$ in excel could you remove the $ in the formula tool before the dynamic rename and try running the workflow. Also is your syntax in the formula tool this  Fullpath + "|||Sheet1"

cosmalogist
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick reply. I removed the $, however am still only seeing the results of the first test file. And yes that is my syntax.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I mocked up a workflow that should help based off the solution of this post. Let me know what you think?

Uli123
7 - Meteor

im having the same issue, did you ever find the solution?

Labels