Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Truncation

danchips24
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to stop the Dynamic input tool from Truncating cells that contain more than 256 Characters? I have changed the string length settings within the dynamic input tool options to 1000 but the cell still seems to cut off after 256 characters.

5 REPLIES 5
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @danchips24 ,

It can help if  you share sample file .  What is the  column name in this file  with  more than 256 chars ? 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danchips24 ,

This could be happening due to the field types in your template file.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

danchips24
7 - Meteor

I realized that changing the String Length actually did work, you just cannot see the full contents of the cells in the Alteryx Results Window. Once I pushed the output to Tableau everything seemed to appear. Thanks for the help!

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@danchips24 

Actually you can see it in Alteryx, you just need to add a Browse tool after your Dynamic Input.

Cheers,

NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

Hi Where did you change the string lenght for the dynamic input tool - i cannot seem to find how to do this?

Labels