Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Dynamic Input Tool

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a workflow, that is using a dynamic input. The dynamic input tool takes data that are save in a Temp folder by the Download Tool.

This works perfect, except there is a zip file that has a subfolder and then the file. What would the path have to look like for subfolders?

Thanks,

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar

The easiest way to figure this out is to open the zipped file (as a zip file type and then check the folder and file in the zipped file) with an input data tool and pick the Output full path as field option, like so:

DavidP_0-1581700763896.png

So the format is folderpath\filename.zip|||folder/filename.csv

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

It works. I can create the path and I can see it with the Input Data Tool. Nevertheless, the Dynamic Input tool throws me the error, that "No file specified in zip archive." Is there a way around?

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar

The quick fix is to use an Input Data tool inside a batch macro, which would work the same way as a dynamic input tool.

See example attached.

I'll play around with the dynamic input tool to see if I can get it working.

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar

@wolfgangh, I tried a few things and couldn't get it to work with the Dynamic input tool. You might have uncovered a bug.

So my suggestion is you use the Input Data batch macro instead.

8 - Asteroid

Hi DavidP,

thanks for your reply. Can you please send me this example in an older Alteryx version or screenshots of the settings?

I can not open it due to different versions.

Thanks!

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar

One of the annoyances of Alteryx is that you can't save to an older version, but there is a workaround.

Change the extension  of the file I attached to my previous post from yxzp to zip. Now unzip the file. You'll have to open both the yxmd and yxmc files with a text editor (notepad will do).

In the 1st line you'll see the version - 2019.4  Change this to your version of Alteryx and save. you should now be able to open then in Alteryx.

You'll have to copy the yxmc file to the folder where your macros are stored. If you don't have a macros folder defined, you'll have to create one and then add the Macros path in 

Options -> User Settings -> Edit User Settings -> Macros

Let me know if you have any problems doing this.

Labels