Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

General Discussions has some can't miss conversations going on right now! From conversations about automation to sharing your favorite Alteryx memes, there's something for everyone. Make it part of your community routine!

Dynamic Input Tool

kneri3
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am working on a compare engine app that pulls in two files into Alteryx, compares them, then outputs results. (This is a very dynamic workflow that is being used) There is an instance where i plug an XLS and XLSX file into the App and one of the columns is a date and it pulls in the date as datetime in the xls file and just the standard date in file 2. 

The format in excel is general. I tried changing it to short date and it didn't make a difference. For some reason, Alteryx is reading it as datetime. 

Is there a way to fix the field type of this column is being pulled in? 

Again, this is just being used by the App- the workflow for this is very dynamic so I can't just change the field type in the select tool because it is not the file being used in the workflow.

DanielG
8 - Asteroid

What about Auto Field Tool in the dynamic workflow, so it will try to translate it for you automatically not matter what columns do/dont come through on the actual file?

Labels