Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Tool Omitting Data From Sheets

tbezold
7 - Meteor

When using the Input Tool to import only sheet names from the Excel workbook, there are 21 sheets with data.  When placing the Dynamic Input Tool after it in the workflow (also configured for sheet names), only 38 records are generated.  This is incorrect, as there are nearly 2,000 combined rows of data across all the sheets in the Excel workbook.  Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

Input Tool sees 21 sheet names.Input Tool sees 21 sheet names.Dynamic Input Tool only generates 38 rows when there are nearly 2,000 combined rows of data in the workbook.Dynamic Input Tool only generates 38 rows when there are nearly 2,000 combined rows of data in the workbook.

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @tbezold ,

it seems, the sheets have different number of columns. Sheets with a structure different to the one used as a template are skipped (see warning messages), so only the sheets with identical structure are loaded.

Best,

Roland 

tbezold
7 - Meteor

You are correct, the sheets have different number of columns.  Is there a way to somehow override/ignore this and still combine the sheets?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @tbezold ,

I've attached a small macro and a workflow to create a list of workbooks/sheets (expect them to be in one directory) and using the macro to load the data.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @tbezold ,

Here is a Weekly challenge which did the same maybe it will help you out.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-180-Thousand-File-Challenge/td-p/461356

Hope this helps : )

Labels