Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Tool Error

Will-G
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I've created a workflow to read the latest file in a folder and the sheet from the current month in that file (see workflow image). The Dynamic Input Tool part has an error saying "Can't find the file: ..." (see image of the configuration). Please could anyone help with this?

The files in the folder are of the form "01 FileName_Aug 2021" and "02 FileName_Sep 2021" etc. The sheets are 3-letter month abreviations and 2-number years (e.g. Jan 21, Feb 22 etc.). So overall the workflow aims to read the latest file and the current month sheet.

Many thanks,

Will

WillG_1-1631519296028.pngWillG_2-1631519313978.png

11 REPLIES 11
Will-G
7 - Meteor

I should probably mention that the I've checked the file path and none of the excel files are open.

Below is the full path generated by the workflow: 

WillG_0-1631519878925.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Will-G,

Have you checked the file used as template under P:\... is always available and not open?

Regards,

Will-G
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I've set up a test folder and dummy files to do this, so it won't be open elsewhere.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Will-G 

Is the problem solved?

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Will-G,

If this solve the issue please mark it as solved. It will help others 🙂

Regards,

Will-G
7 - Meteor

Hi, nope not yet thanks. I've tried using a different test file path, but still keep getting the same error message.

Any ideas would be great or if someone could take a look!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Will-G 

Can you try creating a new field for formula fullpath + sheet and load it into to dynamic input tool.

Will-G
7 - Meteor

I've updated the formula to add it as a new field as suggested, but I'm still getting the same error message.

This is the first workflow I've been asked to make in Alteryx, so there's a good chance I've done something daft somewhere!

WillG_0-1631521546372.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Will-G,

On the field input you're using filename instead of full path in your second post.

messi007_0-1631521483231.png

2- Try to change the 14. test departement.xlsx|||sep 21 with 14_test departement.xlsx|||sep 21

change the dot with underscore 

Hope this helps,

Regards

Labels