Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Tool Error

Will-G
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I've created a workflow to read the latest file in a folder and the sheet from the current month in that file (see workflow image). The Dynamic Input Tool part has an error saying "Can't find the file: ..." (see image of the configuration). Please could anyone help with this?

The files in the folder are of the form "01 FileName_Aug 2021" and "02 FileName_Sep 2021" etc. The sheets are 3-letter month abreviations and 2-number years (e.g. Jan 21, Feb 22 etc.). So overall the workflow aims to read the latest file and the current month sheet.

Many thanks,

Will

WillG_1-1631519296028.pngWillG_2-1631519313978.png

11 REPLIES 11
Will-G
7 - Meteor

I should probably mention that the I've checked the file path and none of the excel files are open.

Below is the full path generated by the workflow: 

WillG_0-1631519878925.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Will-G,

Have you checked the file used as template under P:\... is always available and not open?

Regards,

Will-G
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I've set up a test folder and dummy files to do this, so it won't be open elsewhere.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Will-G 

Is the problem solved?

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Will-G,

If this solve the issue please mark it as solved. It will help others 🙂

Regards,

Will-G
7 - Meteor

Hi, nope not yet thanks. I've tried using a different test file path, but still keep getting the same error message.

Any ideas would be great or if someone could take a look!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Will-G 

Can you try creating a new field for formula fullpath + sheet and load it into to dynamic input tool.

Will-G
7 - Meteor

I've updated the formula to add it as a new field as suggested, but I'm still getting the same error message.

This is the first workflow I've been asked to make in Alteryx, so there's a good chance I've done something daft somewhere!

WillG_0-1631521546372.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Will-G,

On the field input you're using filename instead of full path in your second post.

messi007_0-1631521483231.png

2- Try to change the 14. test departement.xlsx|||sep 21 with 14_test departement.xlsx|||sep 21

change the dot with underscore 

Hope this helps,

Regards

Labels