Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Tool - Cannot read Chinese Characters

owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a query that contains Chinese characters for searching in the Oracle Database. however it seems that the Dynamic Input Tool that I am using to pull data does not return any result. 

My guess is that the Dynamic Input Tool is not able to read Chinese Char and turned them into '????' and thus the empty result.

I have look at some articles and some suggest to check the 'Force SQL WChar Support' , however it does not seem to work still.. Is anyone able to help me out with this?

Thanks you very much for your attention!

dynamicinput.png

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@owenkosnen 
Have you tried to switch the interface language?

Qiu_1-1608013246137.png

owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Unfortunately I do not have that setting option. The version I am using is 2019.4.8.22007.

Is there another way to solve this? Thanks!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @owenkosnen 

Old version huh. I understand your pain 😶

I dont think people will be able to help you much with old version missing configs

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @owenkosnen , as you are saying you are on an older version of Alteryx then I believe Alteryx Support will be your best chance to figure this out. Kindly contact them on support@alteryx.com

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@owenkosnen 

As @grazitti_sapna mentioned, if there is solution support@alteryx.com is best chance at getting it solved.

And once if it gets solved please share the solution with us 🙂

owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Thanks for your advice earlier.

I somehow managed to get my Alteryx updated with latest version 2020.4.

Tested your suggestion to change Interface Language but unfortunately still not working...

Would you say this is perhaps a bug?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@owenkosnen 

Thank you for the feedback.

I tried input tools with Chinese Characters, and it shows no issues.

So mostlike its something to do with the Oracle Database you are using.

Maybe you can write to Alteryx for some help.

I am sorry.

Qiu_0-1610710458601.png

owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu - Thanks a lot for your quick response as usual!

Yes, Input Tool does not have issues with querying Chinese Characters. But Dynamic Input Tool does.

What I'd like to achieve is - to let users input some Chinese names in the UI, and then the list of Chinese names will be passed to the query - WHERE clause -  to search for more information related to these names in Oracle.

With that said, Dynamic Input Tool is the only tool that I can use to perform data extraction from Oracle.

Unfortunately, Dynamic Input Tool seems to not able to recognize Chinese Characters and unable to pass proper query to the Oracle....

I wonder if this could be a bug that is not yet discovered so far. Would you be willing to give it a try on your side as well?

If yes, I'll proceed with reporting to Alteryx.. Thanks again!

Labels