Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Too Many fields in record #3292

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I have what was a working WF where I download files dynamically from SFTP and then upload them to my server.  However, I am now getting "Dynamic INput too many fields in record..." for one of my files.  I don't see any differences in the files from what is erroring out and what worked.  I also tried going through the file that produced the error to look at line "3292" but didn't see anything wrong there either.

What type of problems should I look for?  I don't see where I can increase the line size for this since this is happening on dynamic input.  

I looked at this link but it wasn't much help

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Dynamic-Input-Not-Working-quot-Too-man...

AlteryxDynamicInput.png

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ISUGraber ,

I believe the post below can help you solve this issue.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-message-quot-Too-many-fields-in-...

Hope that helps,

Angelos

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @AngelosPachis , that does help some and i smacked my forehead when I read part of it..

But it brings up another question.  For an csv file what would I change my delimiter to?  It's already at comma's and I upped the field size to 5000 with no effect.  Any suggestions?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ISUGraber ,

You can change that to a random character that does not occur in your text (such as ¬) or you can probably not define a delimiter at all and your csv might still maintain its structure.

Let me know if that worked for you, happy to hear that the link did the job for you.

Cheers.

Angelos

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @AngelosPachis 

I actually did the non "," as a delimiter but it didn't find my columns.  So I did a split to column task afterwards and that worked.

Labels