Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input - Starting Row - .xlsb files

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, after I installed Access Database Engine 2010, Alteryx did recognize .xlsb files. The issue that I am facing is that I cannot pick the starting row in Dynamic Input tool, as I was doing it with .xlsx files. This is how I see the menu of Data Input after I select the .xlsb.

JoseMignone_2-1626702595027.png

And this is how I see it when I select an .xlsx file:

JoseMignone_1-1626702498739.png

Am I missing something or there is another way to do it?

Thanks in advance, 

9 REPLIES 9
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JoseMignone ,

I think the option is not available for .xlsb files. What you can do is use a Record ID tool then filter based on this value to remove first rows not needed.

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello @JoseMignone, the xlsb don't have this option... You can use the solution provided by @Jean-Balteryx , or use a sample tool to remove the rows.

dougperez_0-1626706506137.png

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Actually, @dougperez's solution is wayyyy easier, don't know why I didn't thought of it ...

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

Thank you both @Jean-Balteryx @dougperez , the problem is that with those tools I understand that I cannot apply the starting row to many files. The reason for me using Dynamic Input with .xlsx  was for taking one file as a model and affect every one of them. At least I can discard the possibility thanks to your confirmations.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Inputting many files, you get a column with file name in your dataset ?

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

I made the input with Directory Tool because they are over 120 excel files. I´m not sure if I get you right, but that I could apply it by clicking the following checkbox in Dynamic Input:

JoseMignone_0-1626709891264.png

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think using this option with filename you can work out this : use a multi-row formula to add a row ID grouping by filename then filter based on this id ! That way you can remove the same number of rows for all your files.

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Even easier, use sample with group by option

dougperez_0-1626712799308.png

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

And I forgot it again! Hopefully @dougperez saves the day! 

Labels