Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Same Schema Sheets Error

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please see attached screenshots, I am bringing in 5 different sheets from the one excel, with the same schema, for some reason no data is outputted from the dynamic input tool. For the 'Input data source template' I am using the first sheet in the excel. 

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

17 REPLIES 17
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Can you tell us your requirement, what you are trying ? so that we can help you with suggestions 🙂

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

My colleagues will be using this model so they will have a different file path when they run, requiring the change of the entire file path!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Why dont you use File Browse from interface tool and attach to input tool. Or are you looking for some different functionality.

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

The requirement is to pull in 5 sheets from the one excel. Each sheet has identical schema as I have created the columns, and put in a sample mock data, so the schema should be identical.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Is it only the path that changes or the sheet names changes too ?

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

The sheet names will be the same, only the path will change

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Thanks all, I have found the solution, the input data was not in the same schema, as some of you have suggested. I have amended this and it works find now. Thanks All!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Glad to hear it worked @danielmaguire 🙂

Labels