Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Same Schema Sheets Error

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please see attached screenshots, I am bringing in 5 different sheets from the one excel, with the same schema, for some reason no data is outputted from the dynamic input tool. For the 'Input data source template' I am using the first sheet in the excel. 

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

17 REPLIES 17
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Can you tell us your requirement, what you are trying ? so that we can help you with suggestions 🙂

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

My colleagues will be using this model so they will have a different file path when they run, requiring the change of the entire file path!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Why dont you use File Browse from interface tool and attach to input tool. Or are you looking for some different functionality.

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

The requirement is to pull in 5 sheets from the one excel. Each sheet has identical schema as I have created the columns, and put in a sample mock data, so the schema should be identical.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Is it only the path that changes or the sheet names changes too ?

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

The sheet names will be the same, only the path will change

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Thanks all, I have found the solution, the input data was not in the same schema, as some of you have suggested. I have amended this and it works find now. Thanks All!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Glad to hear it worked @danielmaguire 🙂

Labels