Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input: Replace a Specific String: Replace Failure

sawtun
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to pull the data periodically from RedShift sing Dynamic Input. I used Replace a Specific String with the output from th e Formula tool. It doesn't replace anything every time I run, it keeps running the SQL code that I originally put.

I tried different formats (date, string) before replacing, with no success. What might be the reason? Would like to know if anyone encounters the problem.

4 REPLIES 4
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I have encountered this problem in the past. Are you able to share the string you are trying to replace and how you are creating the string in the formula tool?

sawtun
6 - Meteoroid

I have shared my string in the formula tool and the output from the formula tool.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Based on your png attached you need to add single ticks around your dates so when it goes into the query it treats it as a date. Your png shows "+[beg_month_date]+"

what you will need is '"+[beg_month_date+"'

You will need this addition on all date fields and that should help.

sawtun
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. This helps. Instead of '"+[beg_month_date+"', it works like "'"+[beg_month_date]+"'" 

because variables can't mix with quotations.

Labels