Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Not Producing Results

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

I have a strange issue wherein a valid file path is being sent to a Dynamic Input tool from a custom tool, but nothing comes out and there are no errors.  I tried a simple text input with the same path going into a Dynamic Input and it worked perfectly.  I also created a macro to accept the path from my custom tool and update a standard input tool, but that didn't work either.  What is the trick to getting a Dynamic Input/macro input to read a path string from a custom tool?

Thanks.

Rick

4 REPLIES 4
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey Rick! 

Can I see an example of the path that is being pushed to the dynamic input tool? 

Also a weird side question, are you running this on the desktop or server/gallery?

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
rpaugh
11 - Bolide

Hi Treyson,

Here is the path I'm passing in:  \\<servername>\<username>\My Documents\Test Integration Files\Sample - Superstore Sales (Excel).xls|Orders$

The results from text input/custom input are as follows (the path and all settings are exactly the same):

2017-06-19_Dynamic Input Issue.png

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

Figured it out.  I had created a second output stream in my tool, but neglected to close the second output helper object after passing all of the records through it.

danniemme
7 - Meteor

I'm having the same problem and I cannot get it to work. Can you help me understand what your fix was? I have 1 input into the dynamic input. I've tried it a few ways.

I'm inputting a script then altering the data then using dynamic input to query against the results. Text input works fine; same data set. I use this dynamic input script all the time.

Any help appreciated!

Labels