Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input - File not found

LinhNguyen
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I'm using directory tool to get the file path, then the summary tool to take the most recent file and dynamic input to retrieve the file content into Alteryx.

The problem is: the Dynamic input tool returned an error 'file not found "C:\..........a long path........\file.csv'.

I suppose with the directory path, this must be the right link to my file. Also, the error shows my entire link so the file path was not truncated. I also tried creating another path with Directory + File name but still got the exact same error.

Has anyone seen this before? Could someone let me know what's wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @LinhNguyen,

A couple of questions:

1.  If you put the filepath from the error into a regular Input Data tool, does it error?

2.  Does your filetype for your Input Data Source Template match the filepath coming through the workflow?

Also, can you also share the configuration of the Dynamic Input?

LinhNguyen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @T_Willins ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the file type and it matched.

I changed the file name into a shorter one and dynamic input worked. Probably the path was correct and not truncated, but was longer than 260 characters and that's why dynamic input couldn't open it.

I tried using the regular input tool and it worked fine with the long path, which was strange :))

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @LinhNguyen,

Your message reminded me about the 260 character limit with Dynamic Input.  You could try this solution by @MarqueeCrew and see if it works:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/quot-File-not-found-quot-in-Dynamic-In...

lydabrown
5 - Atom

my path is not too long, only 76 characters. But still getting this error message.

Labels