Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Excel Range

Afammy
7 - Meteor

I frequently specify a range of cells for the "Input" tool to import into my workflow, so I am surprised to find that the "Dynamic Input" tool throws up an error about not defining a sheet when I enter in a range. 

My scenario is that I have a directory folder where all the latest files arrive each month. I then choose the "LastWriteAccess" in the Sample tool, sort by descending and voila, I have the latest file. Then I feed it through a Dynamic Input but I want to pull in only certain ranges. Error occurs.

See my attached configuration. 

My question is this: Is the Dynamic Input tool capable of importing only the specific cells (A4:B150)? If not I'm open to other options though I'll likely need to rebuild. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I think I've got it working, but you need to concatenate the FullPath (from the Directory tool) with the Sheet location in a Formula prior to supplying this to the Dynamic Input - does this work for you, if the specific cells remain consistent from load-to-load?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Also attaching the sample Excel file that I used.

N

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
Afammy
7 - Meteor

Excellent! Thanks a ton NickJ. 

Labels