Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Excel Range

Afammy
7 - Meteor

I frequently specify a range of cells for the "Input" tool to import into my workflow, so I am surprised to find that the "Dynamic Input" tool throws up an error about not defining a sheet when I enter in a range. 

My scenario is that I have a directory folder where all the latest files arrive each month. I then choose the "LastWriteAccess" in the Sample tool, sort by descending and voila, I have the latest file. Then I feed it through a Dynamic Input but I want to pull in only certain ranges. Error occurs.

See my attached configuration. 

My question is this: Is the Dynamic Input tool capable of importing only the specific cells (A4:B150)? If not I'm open to other options though I'll likely need to rebuild. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I think I've got it working, but you need to concatenate the FullPath (from the Directory tool) with the Sheet location in a Formula prior to supplying this to the Dynamic Input - does this work for you, if the specific cells remain consistent from load-to-load?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Also attaching the sample Excel file that I used.

N

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
Afammy
7 - Meteor

Excellent! Thanks a ton NickJ. 

Labels