Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Error "Does not match sheet or named range in..."

bkreutz
5 - Atom

Hello! I'm brand new to Alteryx but I can't seem to find any answers that work to the problem I am encountering.

I have a directory tool that then flows into a Dynamic Input tool. All Excel files in the directory have the same schema and I need everything on a specific tab of each Excel file to append. I provided the sample file to the Dynamic Input tool, chose the tab that I need, and chose FullPath as the Field. However, whenever I run it, it says "[file path + file name] does not match a sheet or named range in [file path + file name] or the Excel file is corrupt"

I know that it's not a file corruption issue as I run into the same problem when I use brand new "dummy" files. One thing to note is that the first part of the error message (indicating the filepath) replaces all backslashes with underscores (see attached screenshot)... not sure if this is significant or not.

Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

6 REPLIES 6
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @bkreutz ,

One way of easily resolving this error is by appending the sheetname('|||SheetName') to the FullPath returned by the directory tool.

Please find attached a sample workflow.

Do let me know if this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh Narayanan

randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @bkreutz 

Change the action in the Dynamic input , select "change the entire file path"

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The underscores being added/replacing the original syntax is causing the issue, because it's now looking for that path, which doesn't exist.

Can you try adding a formula tool before the dynamic input and having it create the full path field? Make sure to add all necessary parts, including the sheet name. Example attached so you can see my configuration.

echuong1_0-1612390464917.png

bkreutz
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot! This worked in conjunction with the other comments as well!

bkreutz
5 - Atom

Thank you! This was helpful and worked in conjunction with the previous solution.

Narayanaswamy
5 - Atom

If add this error message comes as different schema than the first file

Labels