Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Error - Different Schema in the Dataset .

GourabC_Unilever
5 - Atom

Hi Team 

I have tried recreating the lesson for the Dynamic Input tool with one of my dataset having 4 worksheets in the given workbook and I have mapped it against my first sheet in the workbook . Each worksheet has 27 columns and it is same across the 4 worksheets and the data types are same . 

While running the workflow i'm getting the following error shared in the screenshot . It would be great to know the possible cause for the issue and how to resolve the issue and i'm interested to know what does different schema refers to in context to the issue , is it the column position and structure or it's the Data type or some thing else which i'm not able to figure out

Thanks and Regards

Gourabdynamic_input.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The schema is the arrangement of data types, data field size, column names, and column order.  So basically, it's what you think it is.  I would guess that there is some very subtle difference among your files that is insignificant to you as a human, but significant to Alteryx.  I would recommend that you input each file individually, and then look at the metadata for each.  See if the metadata tables match.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
GourabC_Unilever
5 - Atom

Hi LisaL

Greetings of the Day !!

Thanks for the solution and i have figured out the issue it was with the header format , which had caused the issue for the schema difference with the four files in the workbook .

Looking forward to have more engagement with you in the alteryx community .

Best Regards

Gourab

Labels