Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input - Create new Where clause if file exists

AW25
7 - Meteor

Hello!

So I have an Analytic App that I'm publishing on our Gallery for users to pull Accounting data. We originate loans so our accounting system keeps records at a loan-level and our accountants often look at the information at loan-level as well. The workflow right now allows users to enter a list of GL accounts and the output returns a grid with loan numbers on the far left column and then a column for each GL chosen and it's balances. Here's a screenshot:

sample_picture.png

Because this list can get very long for certain GL's (as in, way too big for a spreadsheet), I want to allow users to upload a list of Loan Numbers and filter the workflow for them. The most efficient way of doing it would be by adding a WHERE clause to the SQL query in the Dynamic Input and having it update, but sometimes users don't want to see balances for a selected list -- they want to see everything. Is there a way to add a WHERE clause to the query only if a file is selected? Another possibility is filtering the data with the list of loans -- like doing a join after the data is retrieved -- but again, I would only want it to join if there was a file selected. Any ideas on how I can go about this? Sample workflow and loan-list attached.

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm sure this can be done with radio buttons and condition tools, i.e. Option 1 (radio 1) loads all the data and Option 2 (radio 2) loads a values from a file and updates the SQL statement with Where IN (comma separated file data).

An excellent example of using radio buttons and condition tools was posted by @Claje in this post. I'm sure you can apply this for your purposes.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Run-set-of-code-based-on-checkbox/td-p...

Labels