Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filtering

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

What I need to do is filter the below data to the highest FM and FY for each group of supplier numbers and filter out the other rows. The data has a lot of different suppliers with multiple lines of data. For example the supplier number 1687 I would only want to keep the row with FY 2021 & FM 10.

nicktekippe_0-1660937928701.png

Any help would be appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
jzkyburz
8 - Asteroid

Have you tried using the Sample tool? Select 'First N rows', set N = 1, and then Group by supplier_number. You'll also need to place a sort tool in before taking the samples to ensure you're selecting the highest FM & FY:

jzkyburz_0-1660939866963.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@nicktekippe 
We can use the summarize tool as well
but I do have one question.
Say for one supplier, there is month 11 for 2021, but here is also month 12 for 2022. So what would be answer then?

0821-nicktekippe.PNG

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @nicktekippe ,

Find attached an easy way to do this.

Emmanuel_G_0-1661086253316.png

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu The result for that would be the month 12 for 2022. For any example it should be taking the most recent data.

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu & @Emmanuel_G  This will work to filter it down but how to I include the rest of the columns in the data as well? This method gets it filtered to the correct FM/FY but I need the rest of my columns to come through unchanged as well.

jzkyburz
8 - Asteroid

@nicktekippe , did you try the sample tool to see if that meets your needs? That will keep all columns in the mix.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@nicktekippe 
Hope I get you correctly.

0821-nicktekippe-r1.PNG

Labels